Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 13

Dear Dad,

Your Birthday was on Sunday. You would have been 58 years old. I am sure I would have relentlessly made fun of you for being such an old man had you been here to share the day with you.

You weren't, and for the first time in my life (or your death) I forgot all about your birthday. The day came and passed and this morning I noticed what the date was and was filled with guilt, then sadness that if I am forgetting your birthday, will I one day forget other things about you?

I try to write down some of the more important things (both good and bad) that you taught me that I want to pass down to the kids. But I can't help think that there are things I will forget.

It would be so much easier if you were still here.

I love you,
Jilly Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment